Attend the Conference
The 18th Annual CAM Conference and Exhibit will be held October 23‑25, 2019 at the Westin Hotel in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Each year, the Canadian Association of Midwives’ Annual Conference and Exhibit attracts a growing number of midwives, physicians, nurses, students and other health care providers from Canada and abroad.
Who Should Attend:
- Midwives: practicing, non‑practicing and retired
- Administrators, Association Staff, NGOs
- Anyone with an interest in maternal and newborn health
5 Reasons to Attend the Conference:
- Attend inspiring sessions and hear the latest research on midwifery and maternal and newborn health.
- Learn clinical skills through sessions and hands‑on workshops.
- Network and share with your peers in an inclusive and relaxed setting.
- Help shape the future of midwifery and influence policy.
- Have fun!
What Attendees are Saying
“It was a great conference where I got to hear from amazing midwives, physicians and researchers. I felt empowered and hopeful.”
— Midwife, 2016
“I love that the CAM conference always has a great balance between heart and head.”
— Non-practicing Midwife, 2016
“I loved that there seemed to be enough breaks and long enough breaks to do some reconnecting with old friends and even to engage a bit with new friends.”
— Midwife, 2016
“Keep up the good work and open mindedness to include doulas.”
— Doula, 2015
“The keynotes were great, I liked the structure with a good mix of keynotes and concurrent sessions (but not too many concurrent sessions, so we didn’t feel we were missing a lot).”
— Midwife and midwifery instructor, 2016
“I really enjoyed seeing / meeting all of my fellow students!”
— Student Midwife, 2016
“I really got a lot out of it and inspired to continue to support the growth of midwifery to the point where we can also make social justice matters a priority.”
— Association Administrator, 2015