Become a Volunteer
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the CAM Annual Conference & Exhibit. We are looking forward to another magnificent conference and we are fortunate to have the support of volunteers like you to help us run the event. This conference truly cannot be a success without the help of volunteers who join the team each year!
2019 Volunteer Application
If you meet the following requirements we would love to work with you:
- You are a student and wish to learn more about midwifery or are already in a midwifery program
- A CAM member registered for the Conference
- A member of the community that wishes to help
- Friendly, enthusiastic and flexible
- Able to interact with delegates, exhibitors, CAM and hotel staff and speakers
- Able to fulfill an entire volunteer position
As a Conference volunteer you are entitled to the following benefits:
- You are reimbursed a $40 volunteer stipend after the conference for each shift worked (for a maximum of two shifts and depending on total applications). You must be registered for the conference and have paid your entire registration fee in order to be eligible for this reimbursement.
- You can register for one day and chose to work one shift in the same day. Again, you would be reimbursed after the conference.
- A great way to experience the event, working and learning with other midwives just like you!
- Meals as part of the conference.
All volunteers agree to the following:
- Be available for a minimum of four (4) hours per shift and available for that full shift. You can volunteer more than once, but allocation of more than one shift is dependent on the number of applications received.
- We ask that no changes to the schedule be made onsite.
- Be available for a 30 minute training session (via videoconference) prior to the start of the conference.
- You must be present 30 minutes prior to your shift for a volunteer orientation.
- Conference volunteers are responsible for their own travel and accommodation (booking and cost).
- We recommend that you leave your days free of other commitments (work, school, courses).
Delegate Bag Stuffing:
- Assist with delegate bag stuffing and set up of registration area
Registration Desk Staff:
- Greet delegates as they arrive
- Hand out delegate bags and assist with questions
- Assist with on-site registration – involves processing payments
- Produce name badges and receipts for onsite registrations
- Assist with directing delegate traffic to main exhibit area
- Assist with delegate bag stuffing if needed
- Assist with the AGM, greet participants and record names
CAM Office Assistant:
- Help out staff with last minutes signs
- The volunteer has computer experience (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Help staff keep office clean and organized
- Unpack, pack, collect and distribute items as necessary
- Run errands
- Work at registration desk as needed
- Instruct delegates on us of conference phone app and update app as needed
- Put up signage
- Ensure rooms are set up with the required equipment (flipcharts, projectors, etc.)
- Ensure presenter handouts/evaluation forms are in the room prior to each session
- Assist presenter with equipment set-up and distribution of handouts
- Assist speakers with setting up their presentations and practice runs
- Assist with room equipment where needed
- Ensure session begins and ends on time
- Introduce the Speaker to delegates (briefly)
- Monitor meeting rooms for Audio Visual problems
- Ideally, the volunteer should have a comfort level with setting up LCD projectors and basic computer set ups
VOLUNTEER POSITIONS(Times are subject to change)
DELEGATE BAG STUFFING
REGISTRATION DESK STAFF
CAM OFFICE ASSISTANT
Times are subject to change. Other roles may be added as the conference date nears.
Positions are filled on a first come, first served basis, and on a position available basis. Preference is given to students. If a position has been filled, you will be notified and placed on the waiting list. Additional information about each position will be sent out once assigned to the volunteer team.
You will receive an email confirmation of your position approximately two weeks before the conference. Exact times of shift(s) will be supplied at that time. Please note that volunteer positions are filled on a first come first serve basis. Priority will be given to students.
How to apply to be a volunteer
- Read the volunteer guidelines, positions available, the time commitment and the skills needed for each position.
- Choose your preferred shift times in the volunteer application form (available soon).
- Register for the CAM Conference