Families and Babies Program
Families and Babies Program – A Fraser Health Program
Position: Registered Midwife – Part Time Postpartum Clinic at Surrey Memorial Hospital Families and Babies Program:
The Families and Babies Program is a new initiative at Surrey Memorial Hospital focused on the provision of postpartum care. Eligible birther/infant dyads will be low risk and eligible for discharge at 24 h post cesarean or vaginal birth. Registered midwives will provide care for the families at their homes in the first week postpartum. Further appointments are scheduled at the program clinic situated in the Children’s Health Centre at Surrey Memorial Hospital.
Who you are:
● You are a client centered individual who performs at an exemplary standard
● You are a team player with excellent communication, critical thinking and prioritization skills
What we are looking for:
This hospital based integrated Postpartum Primary Care Midwife position will support early discharge from the Family Birthing Unit, providing clinical care for families post discharge through home and clinic visits.
What you bring to the role:
● Current Certificate of Registration with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives
● Currently privileged at Surrey Memorial Hospital or eligible for privileging at Surrey Memorial Hospital
● Excellent physical assessment skills
● Proficient computer and wring skills
● Familiar with professional and hospital standards, guidelines and procedures
● Demonstrated commitment to a person centred friendly /family centered care environment
● Demonstrated excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
● Demonstrated ability to work effectively within an interprofessional team as well as independently
● Excellent communication, interpersonal and teaching skills
● Excellent organizational skills with an ability to prioritize
● Evidence of ongoing professional development, continuing education, and leadership experience
● Demonstrated good attendance record with the ability to maintain this same standard
The Program is seeking part time help with home visits and clinics 2 to 3 days per week. This position would suit a new grad working in a traditional model clinic while fulfilling new grad requirements or an experienced midwife looking to explore a new model but not ready to leave the traditional model. Home visits are scheduled 7 days a week. Midwives are expected to conduct 2 to 4 home visits per shift. Clinic hours are 3:30 to 6:30 pm Monday to Friday, including statutory holidays. There are no night shifts. There is opportunity for full time work as the program will expand in the near future. Schedules may change for operational needs.
$900 per 12 hour shift.
How to Apply:
Send your CV and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 1, 2024. Applicants will be contacted to arrange an interview.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.