Pomegranate Community Midwives
The Quartz Team at Pomegranate Community Midwives is looking for a Registered Midwife!
ABOUT THE QUARTZ TEAM
We are currently a team of two midwives who support families living in Burnaby, BC – the ancestral and unceded homelands of hən̓q̓əmin̓əm̓ and Sḵwx̱wú7mesh speaking peoples. We are hoping to become a team of three in October 2024 to better meet the needs of our rapidly growing community.
As a team of two, we take on 6-7 EDDs per month. As a team of three, we hope to take on 10 EDDs per month.
Our team has privileges at Burnaby General Hospital, where we have good working relationships with consultants and nursing staff. Our clinic is in East Vancouver – just a few blocks from the Burnaby border.
POMEGRANATE COMMUNITY MIDWIVES
The Quartz team works in close partnership with Pomegranate’s Jade team, who also care for clients in Burnaby. We support each other through vacation relief and call support.
We are also well cared for by the community of midwives within Pomegranate. We work hard to help each other with pager coverage after long births, urgent home visits, home birth backups, and mentorship/learning. Through the clinic, our clients can also access RMT, pelvic floor physiotherapy, prenatal classes, community drop-ins, and remote counselling services. We have full time MOA support, and we use OSCAR as our EMR.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A MIDWIFE WHO
- Brings a strong commitment to reproductive justice, cultural safety, trauma-informed care, anti-racism, and continued learning in these domains to their practice
- Is comfortable providing choice of birthplace and informed choice
- Has experience supporting families who face barriers to care and/or who are marginalized by sexual and gender identity, racial identity, body size, income, disability, immigration status, etc.
- Is open to building relationships with both hospital staff and community-based organizations to help grow midwifery in Burnaby
NOT REQUIRED, BUT WE WOULD BE ESPECIALLY DELIGHTED TO WELCOME MIDWIVES WHO:
- Speak multiples languages
- Have knowledge of OSCAR EMR and Meditech
- Bring experience that would be valuable to building community partnerships and visioning/implementing a future of midwifery in Burnaby
We are committed to building a diverse team that is representative of the communities we serve. Registered Midwives who self-identify as Indigenous, Black, racialized, LGBTQIA2S+, and/or with additionally underrepresented identities within midwifery – are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have any questions or are interested in joining us, please email email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.