Leading up to the holidays, and in anticipation of seeing lots of family and friends, clients will be asking about flu and COVID vaccines.
Here is a short round-up of information for you. We hope this email provides you with a quick and easy reference for the season.
Sadarangani M, Soe P, Shulha HP, Valiquette L, Vanderkooi OG, Kellner JD, Muller MP, Top KA, Isenor JE, McGeer A, Irvine M. Safety of COVID-19 vaccines in pregnancy: a Canadian National Vaccine Safety (CANVAS) network cohort study. The Lancet Infectious Diseases. 2022 Aug 11.
Fell DB, Dimanlig-Cruz S, Regan AK, Håberg SE, Gravel CA, Oakley L, Alton GD, Török E, Dhinsa T, Shah PS, Wilson K. Risk of preterm birth, small for gestational age at birth, and stillbirth after covid-19 vaccination during pregnancy: population based retrospective cohort study. bmj. 2022 Aug 17;378.
Homer CS, Javid N, Wilton K, Bradfield Z. Vaccination in pregnancy: The role of the midwife. Frontiers in Global Women’s Health. 2022:139.
Information for Clients
- Government of Canada – Vaccination and pregnancy: COVID-19
- SOGC – Vaccination: Your pregnancy. Flu and COVID vaccination
- Social media (Instagram): pandemicpregnancyguide
Supporting Information for Midwives
- SOCG Statement on COVID-19 Vaccination in pregnancy
- Government of Canada – COVID-19 vaccine: Canadian Immunization Guide
- Government of Canada – COVID-19 vaccination in Canada. Up-to-date stats on vaccination coverage, not specific to pregnancy.